Trujillo, Peru

After a week and a few days in Trujillo I finally made it to the beach. I rode on a moto with a volunteer from Croatia who I will call Ivan. When we got to Huanchaco it was overcast but the waves looked big. It was actually quite ugly. Just a long stretch of beach with no trees or buildings. Further along the buildings began and the town was visible. Ivan took me on a small tour up to a large church supposedly the oldest in this part of Peru. There was a couple making out on the veranda right in front of gods house!

The beach is similar to Mal Pais in that a road runs along it. Differences are there are no trees, the road is paved, there are old concrete buildings all along it, no coconuts but a bunch of surf schools and restaurants. We went to a restaurant and ate some chicken noodle soup, fried fish and rice for 5 soles (about $2). When I finally went to the sand and felt the water splash on my toes I was disappointed to find that the water really was extremely cold. No way would I ever go swimming here. And at least today, the water looks like a washing machine. Waves are coming in from all directions about 2 seconds apart and looking as though it forgot the rhyme to it's rhythm. Now I am sitting in the gray sand burning under the overcast sky.

Comments

Popular Posts