I just wanna have fun

It's a Sunday. I wanted to relax, not do any work like I usually do and go out with a friend to see Ted tonight. I dragged coco along with me this morning to go shopping with me and bought a pair of purple pants which I am very happy about because all of my other pants are too big on me and have holes in the crotch and have saggy butt and these ones are STRETCH! Basically they are like stretchy pants they are so tight. I raced back home so I could prepare for a meeting with my boss Manuel which I knew I was not going to enjoy. He talked down to me for 2 hours and then I began working on the budget which I just hate because I was never good at numbers and counting and math or with money for that matter. So of course the budget is all out of whack and I'm pissed and just thinking about when this guy is going to call me so I can wear these purple pants that makes my ass look huge. Finally he texts in the middle of my accounting frenzy and says he is visiting his sick grandmother so tomorrow si or si? I wanted to write him back and say no I'll be washing my hair just because I was looking forward to the distraction and he always cancels his plans! I was loosing patience and didn't know what to do because I quit smoking even though I was thinking about a cigarette but instead just wanted to go get a tall can of Brahman a local beer that sounds pretty Indian not Peruvian to me, and put it in my da monkey coozie and drink my annoyance away, which would probably lead me to having a cigarette anyway. So I was about to go to the bodega to buy a tall one when I realized I hadn't eaten anything since the kfc burger for lunch so I opened a bag of Thai ramen noodles and stared at the stove for a few minutes deciding whether I wanted to waste 3 minutes of my time making these noodles or just start drinking. Someone walked into the kitchen and observed me staring at the stove and asked if I was alright. uh yeah. I asked coco if she wanted to see Ted with me and go get a maracuya sour. It's passion fruit with pisco, the typical Peruvian cane sugar alcohol. We had one together the other weekend at a bar named viejo de viejos which means old of olds or something of the sorts about old people and I really wanted to go there and drink one to calm my mind. She said yes and I got exited that I was going to get what I wanted. I texted back the boy and said yeah, I will see you tomorrow but I am going to go see the movie now with coco. So off we went on our date first to the bar and then to the movie playing in the center at 9:30 pm -it was only 6:40. We walk all around the place trying to find the bar, not running into any other bars along the way for an hour and a half. FINALLY we find it and it's closed. GREAT! so we ask where the cinema is and walk there. On the way we found a bodega that had beer and were tempted to sit in there and drink until the movie was ready. We asked again where a bar might be open and the shop owners pointed us down the street. All we found was another bodega with a man who wanted to practice his English with us. We went to the cinema to buy our tickets and find that all of the movies are in Spanish. Greatness. We go to the bodega to buy a beer and go home. Right before getting in the taxi we see alcohol through a window and start jumping for joy. We walk in to a fancy hotel bar and everyone (an old man in a suit drinking by himself and two old lady bartenders) stare at us. We ask if they have maracuya sours and they say yes. God bless you, well have two. We sit down and wait. For a long time. Because it's Peru. And were accustomed to it by now. We get a bowl of stale banana chips. She serves us two chiquitito glasses of mostly foam. Cheers-I drank mine in two sips. Well at least we got what we were looking for after hours of searching. We get up to pay minutes after being served and she hands us our bill. 56 soles! Usually a drink costs 5-8 but these must have been really special or this place was just for rich foreigners who didn't know any better to find better and cheaper drinks elsewhere. We were just desperate on a Sunday.  25 per shot glass was ridiculous. We laughed and payed. We hail a taxi and upon entering I crack open my beer that fizzes all over my lap.

Comments

Popular Posts