Tasty Treat

Gosh darn it! I have been doing so well! Today I mean.

I haven't eaten anything yet. I wanted to fast for a few days because I have been eating so much lately and my appetite is getting bigger and bigger. So is my belly! I figured going on a small fast would be good for my body. And for my will power. It's only 5pm, the first day and I have a headache. I've been drinking tea all day long.

I am at my job. Sitting at my desk. Counting down the hours until I can go home. I am free at 6. Free to do what? Ride my bike home and torture myself? How can you live without eating? Food is so good!

I busy myself with making flashcards now for the children who don't know how to speak English. I make a flashcard for everything. Our new story for tomorrow is Timmy's Tart.

Timmy baked a tasty tart.~flashcard for baked and tart (stomach is growling and noticeable head pain)












He took it down the track
To visit Tommy Tuttle
In Tommy's tiny shack.~flashcards for tiny and shack (I'm still thinking about that tart)

Tommy smelled the tasty tart,~flashcard for smell (I smell the bread roll all the Korean teachers are eating around me)

For Tommy liked to eat. (me too!)
"It's time for some tea," he said,
"And a tasty treat."

SURE! I'd love a tasty treat! You're teasing me!

And this is where I loose it! I mean, why today? Why do I have to look up pictures of all the tasty treats Google Images has to offer me? Why are they eating that delicious looking bread with cream swirled within all around me?

WHY AM I FASTING?

If I eat, then my headache will go away, and the pain deep within my tummy. I wouldn't have to figure out things to do to distract me in order not to think about food.

I should have remembered, 5:30 was dinner time at work. Now everyone is eating tasty 오징어. Only my favorite! Fried squid! Aaah smell the aroma?

I forget the reasons for this torture. Is it really a good idea?

Actually, FRIED squid is exactly what I should be staying away from. Along with the massive amounts of fried chicken, bar b que pork, 홌독(pancake with gooey, hot sugary syrup inside, caressed with a mixture of seeds), ice cream every night...

Curse these Koreans with their big appetites and high metabolism! I tried to eat like them, hoping that in time my body would be like theirs and I could eat all that they did and be thin!

Finally, its 6pm. Free! Tonight is not so exciting as the past. My body is limp and my mind is swirling with ideas of right and wrong, good and bad. Should I eat tonight? Is fasting bad for my body? Healthy food is ok, right?

Or I will just have some more tea, without any tasty treats.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hahaha this is my favorite post ever, oh my god. I love the language and the pictures and the plot. Haha.

Is fried squid there just like our calamari? Is it any different? I love calamari so muchhhh but I don't trust it here in Iowa. :(

Popular Posts