Plight of the Mogi

I have this thing, I cant kill mosquitos. Actually I cant kill anything, intentionally. I dont remember my actions before I left for India, but while I lived at the monastery I was taught not to kill other living beings. And even though there were mosquitos swarming my body and pricking me with their infectious probiscus, I held back my reflex to swat them with my hand. A gentle shoo was taught to be appropriate. Years later I have yet to kill a mosquito (although I dont hold back Wil's hand to smoosh one on the wall when it has been buzzing around our head at night.) Some say I am such a good Buddhist, but I say it's because I dont want to get blood on my hands.

But now I am angry. Last night a mosquito landed on the top of my book and I looked her in the eye and said "Im not going to kill you bitch, but you better not bite me." It's a kind of deal I have with them. I believe in karma that if I dont harm them they wont harm me. I didnt put my mosquito net around me that night with good faith.

In the morning I woke up to find her relaxing on the net. When I looked in the mirror I saw a big red spot on my face and was pissed to have a big zit. Nope. She did it.

I saw her big red belly and thought, ok. that one was for you and your babies.

When I went to work I saw two more on my arm. Another on my hand and one more under my chin. That little bitch! As the day goes by I find more and more on my body. I just want you to know that I NEVER get bit. Korean mosquito's called mogi's dont like my taste. When Wil and I wake up and he has bites on him, I am itch free. Eating dinner and drinking soju outside in the summer? Not a problem for me. How can I have ten bites on me from one night? This one must have been on drugs or had some mental problem. ALL the other mosquitos know not to bite me because I dont clap them between my hands of death!

I know just what to do. I'm gonna find her and trap her under a jar and listen to her whine she wont do it again. It's the best torture for a mogi.

This time I wont let her out because I hear her plea for life and I feel bad for the poor thing who was just doing her job and didnt mean to hurt me.

Comments

Popular Posts