Leaving Koh Chang

It's my last day on Koh Chang island and I think I'm ready to go. It was nice, but now I am bored and lonely by myself. It was more fun when Antonia was here. Every night I go to bed before nine because the mosquitos are out to kill and then I wake up in the middle of the night not knowing where I am and not recognizing which room I am in. Then I wake up at 5a and read until the restaurant opens at 8a so I can eat. This morning I finished reading The Atonement in three days and I went for a walk on the beach. Bad idea. I didn't eat dinner and now I'm thirsty and hungry with no food or water. I will leave at 10a today to begin my long journey up to Chiang Mai again! The ferry ride is 1 hr. Bus to Bangkok 5 hours. Wait at bus station for a few hours for night bus. Bus to Chiang Mai 12 hrs. Arrive Chiang Mai tomorrow morning 6a. Maybe. Nothing is ever on time here. Starting to read Failed States to pass time until French toast breakfast!

Comments

Popular Posts