For the love of travel

I don't know how I convince myself and others that I love traveling. I hate flying. Before, the free food on the airplanes was enough to appease the few hour flight, but the trips are getting longer, and 13 hours to Korea makes me feel like I've tripled the rate at which I'm dying. Not to mention skipping ahead of time! Flying out of LAX was fine, minus the 5 hours early arrival. Flying into Seoul was eventless. Flying out of Gimpo I caught an early flight to Busan. Doesn't really matter because Wil wont be there to meet me without a cell phone to contact him and let him know I will be there early. I had to check my baggage again and I could not leave for my gate until it was cleared. It was taking a long time and I was getting nervous. Normally I would not be nervous about the clearance of my baggage. Except on a few occasions...when I used to smoke, I would carry multiple lighters in my purse, which is always extra large and packed full of crap. They only made me remove one lighter out of the many, if any at all. I've even gotten across the world with pocket knives in my carry on. So this time on my way to Korea I am not up for the excitement of getting caught with illegal items in my bag. I've kept it relatively safe. Nothing illegal that is. Well not in the US at least. I mean, I was kind of worried about the five blocks of cheese I was smuggling in for my boyfriend and I because Korea might be the worst country in the world for cheese production and consumption. I hope the cheese would pass. Who knows what is on their list of illegal paraphernalia.

After old memories float through my head, I am finally called back to the private personnel room. They wanted to inspect. Fine, under any other normal circumstances, but as it seems, I can never keep it normal. This time I didn't feel so comfortable, especially with the Korean man standing there with his clip board ready to check off the problem items.

First to observe was the Strawberry Kama Sutra weekender kit, nothing they would have noticed, just some massage oils, love gel as Wil says and a feather duster for caressing the body with tasty honey dust ( Ill let you know my review later). Next, after lifting a few things were the handcuffs. We all saw them and after releasing an embarrassed giggle and “Oh” thinking, now I understand what set off the x-ray detector. But she kept searching. Maybe she thought it would be interesting to see what else I was packing...and there was more. Next was the edible candy underwear, then the mold your own pussy kit, and the long phallic cylinder containing the materials to mold your own “willy” into a bar of soap. I think she was enjoying the pain she was putting me through. The others looked equally uncomfortable. Now I know there was no misunderstanding between the language barrier here. There are pictures on the "pussy kit". Maybe they didn't understand it was for molding a vagina... who am I kidding? They don't need to know English to see graphic pictures and the soft touch of fuzzy handcuffs!
 
The other lady told her to stop, they found what they were searching for...the handcuffs were enough. It was enough for me too. The man had me sign his little pad of shame and I hurried off. But I felt relief upon exiting the private keep out doors for the other travelers who were smart enough, or maybe just boring enough not to travel with risky items. At least, I thought, they didn't unroll the silk cloth concealing the large pink rabbit I brought just in case. I bet they were thinking they wished they could get some of the sexy toys I was smuggling into their strict, conventional country... after all, that is why I am bringing these things with me of course. Such things cannot be purchased in Korea. I have not even showed my boyfriend my surprises yet in fear that he will think I am crazy like the bag checkers did. In such case, I will make it clear that the mold your own kits and bondage equipment is purely for fun, a joke....which it is.
 
So, words of caution...when traveling on airplanes, across countries, with items of questionable permitance, be prepared for an embarrassing search and even a possibility of throwing it away.

Comments

Jenn said…
tara, i absolutely love this
Lindsay said…
Only you. I love it.
Remember that sex toy party we went too? That should happen again. Now I'd be able to enjoy it a little bit more.

Popular Posts