Enchiladas de Korea

I finally satisfied Wil with my chili I made awhile back. He always says he is a better cook than me, so I try to make different food until he admits to liking something. Well, he said he liked the spices in the chili, so I decided to try enchiladas next.

Of course, living in Korea doesnt make it easy to make a properly delicious enchilada as I cannot find most of the ingredients-so I guess you can call them fusion enchiladas. A little kimchi inside maybe? NO! I would never do that.

I used spagetti sauce...dont yell at me yet.
Then I found jallepenos but they werent hot and pickled or something but I'm not sure because IT'S ALL WRITTEN IN KOREAN!
And the cheddar was soo expensive for just an itsy bitsy cube so I got some other orange cheese that was cheaper...
And instead of the proper spices, all I had was taco seasoning a co-worker gave me in trade for some see's candy.

Thank god I called my sister and asked how mom used to make them! I was planning on layering the stuff like lasagna! Flat tortilla, chicken, cheese, flat tortilla, chicken, cheese... I learned you have to roll the stuffing up inside, duh.

Everything looked beautiful, and it even smelled great! The cheese on top hadn't properly melted, but Wil didn't know how it was supposed to look anyway. I was pleasantly surprised after my first bite. It didn't taste horrible, but the cheese was disgusting (something called Edan from Holland?) and it tasted too much like spagetti which is not mexican, (but Wil doesnt know that either) so I guess I kind of failed. But he said he liked it and ate every last bite even though I was hoping to have leftovers for tomorrows lunch.

Comments

Popular Posts