Bangkok to Chiang Mai

Felt good this morning and took the river boat on Chao Praya river to the bus station. River boat is really cheap and the best way to travel in Bangkok. I knew I bought a vip ticket but I just thought it was a nice bus. When I got on the double decker bus they put me on top right at the front so I had a nice view of everything. I forgot to take a picture. Then a large Irish old man (named John, go figure) sat down next to me and then it all began, and never ended. On my 11 hour bus ride he made sure to point out every tractor and what brand it was and also Mercedes cars. He really liked tractors and now I know everything about them and where each brand originates from. He would throw in comments like "I'll have to buy you some slippers tomorrow Tina" because it was cooler up north and I was wearing sandals. and "lets stay in a nice place with a pool." Who does that? and "my 22 year old south african girl who I really like but she sayss he just wants to be friends really likes wine but I don't know what to pick. Can you recommend one for me?" Ok this guy was like 65. Eww. I started to feel sick on the bus a few hours in and slept a bit but he kept poking me to show me the fucking tractors!

With my spectacular view in the top front of the bus I saw the country side of Thailand with lots of rice patties and factories outside of Bangkok. Thailand has every kind of factory for every foreign brand. Further out of Bangkok was just trees and some hills that reminded me of Pennsylvania in the winter. When we got to Chiang Mai John tried to follow me to the guesthouse I was staying at but I said no so he said goodbye and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I know in some cultures this is common, but it was uncomfortable. I got a guesthouse for 350B and went to sleep at 7p with a high fever, bad cough and sore throat. I missed Wil and wanted to go home (Korea home).

I woke up at 6am and felt much better. Still coughing but no fever. Walked around looking for a new guesthouse and found one with a swimming pool for 500B, woohoo! Chiang Mai is really pretty and everyone smiles here when you walk by. I'll have to rest for another day in my guesthouse to make sure I get better but my friend from Korea, (Antonia) is coming in tonight so I'm excited to be with her tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts