Koh Chang, Island of the coast of Thailand, Siam Reap

4/3/11 Erika came last night and we went out to dinner and drinks we shopped a bit and I was trying to find a no money no honey tshirt for wil. Instead I bought myself a dress :) Antonia and I booked a bus to koh chang at 730 am so I went to bed after some shopping. Today the bus took us to the border to get a 15 day visa for Thailand. On the board it said you need proof of departure from the country. So of course I am freaking out that they won't let me out of Cambodia and into Thailand. It was hot today and we had to stand in long lines outside with our luggage but thankfully mine is as small as others daypacks. In Thailand we got on a shuttle with a man laughing and talking gibberish while all 8 of us foreigners going to koh Chang look pissed about waiting in the heat. Turns out the man is a maniac on the road. After so much complaining about Vietnam and Cambodian tuk tuk driving slow this is what I get. He drove worse than my step dad when he's angry. Then it started raining and thundering and he was still whipping past slower cars even as cars on the opposite side were approaching. We passed a motorbike overturned with a man lying still on the edge of the road and our driver gave a crazy laugh. Later a truck flipped over in the ditch and the driver laughed again and made some sounds imitating fast driving and crashing. He said "Not safe too fast. I slowly slowly, safety first." Yeah right. He was trying to get us to the ferry quicker than scheduled. I followed Joeys recomendation and went to white sand beach to pens bungalo. I had pad Thai not great and a gin and tonic. No wifi only Internet shops. Very tired, I got ready for bed and a few weeks of relaxing on the beach.

Comments

Popular Posts